lunedì 23 maggio 2016

Antenucci's Interview

Mirco Antenucci was released by Leeds after spending two years in West Yorkshire. He made 19 goals in 75 appearances leaving Leeds' fans with different opinion about him, some rates him as a great finisher and striker, others didn't forgive the Italian for been one of the six players (all signed by owner Massimo Cellino) that refused to play against Charlton. After a two year spell, Antenucci came back to Italy and gave this interview (you can find the original version HERE), so I tried to translate it in English. Enjoy

"I have passed two fantastic years both in a personal and sportive way" stated Antenucci "My family and I settled very well in Leeds: here my daughter was born! For the football, I've discovered a new reality, very different from ours (Italian football ns). They have their own way to live football, the stadiums are very beautiful and always crowded, the training facilities are modern. The only thing that disappointed me was Leeds' owenrship that was nowhere to be found in the last two years. This is a pity because a club like this, with history and this fans deserve Premier League football, but for doing this, you have to put the players in their best conditions and this never happened. The quality of our coaches also disappointed me, they were so much..."

Everything has an end, Mirco, but what will you remember of this experience?

"First of all, the city. It's very big and almost 800.000 people live there. There are many shops, restaurants... The best for those who have a family. Then there are so many things to remember... But the thing that touched me the most was the chant that Leeds' fans dedicated to me: they chanted it on our final home game of the season, they already knew I was gone. Another thing that surprised me was the team affection: there were always 4/5.000 fans away! I am very gutted that we weren't able to give them the satisfaction that they deserve."

What about the Championship?

"The Championship is not easy. The best teams like Burnley and Boro or even Brighton are teams that are difficult to face, but every club has their weak points. There are a lot of players that impressed me. One of them is Forestieri that even played in Italy."

Can you tell us something about the "volcanic" Cellino?

"I would if he was there. We've never seen him in two years and here this is the major problem. When you have a problem you can't find someone to speak to! This was very frustrating."

Is it true that all the players there are "fat"?

"(laughs) To be honest, an Italian doctor would throw his hands in horror. They give you that in Italy they would never give you: eggs, beans, pasta... Here in Italy we're used to rice and grilled chicken. It didn't affect my playing because at the end of the day, I was the one that chose to be professional: I know what's good and what's not. Then, in England we trained less and there are two free days per week. There are no double sessions, we trained only in the morning. In trained just with the ball, zero tactics."

A good experience... So why hadn't you extend your contract?

"The club didn't  make an approach, so I understood that they wanted other players, I accepted it. It was a good experience, but now I must look around. I don't have preferences, but I like Spanish football, they play in a beautiful way like in Italy and England. Now there are so many offers..."

Like Ascoli and Foggia in January?

"There were so many rumors about this, but I really wanted to end my second year in Leeds. I wanted to finish what I started"

So, you have no regrets...

"In my career, my only regret was not playing much at Catania in Serie A after scoring 24 goals the season before at Ascoli. I want to be important for the team so I decided to go back to Serie B."

Can you tell us something about your future?

"Yesterday, I was in Rome to see the Coppa Italia final between Juventus and Milan, you know, I support AC Milan (laughs). Now, I'll go to Giulianova where I'll spend the holidays with my family and then we'll see..." 






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento